USC UCEDD interdisciplinary professionals representing 13 different disciplines and their trainees engage in a variety of research projects, including clinical, community-based, evaluation, equity and diversity, quality assurance, and systems change research, with the goals of:
1) Advancing knowledge on the causes of neurodevelopmental and related disabilities, behavioral, and chronic health conditions.
2) Building the foundation for evidence-based interventions for individuals with these conditions, informing and evaluating policies and regulations which govern the services for these populations and which assure equity for all beneficiaries.
Most of our research and policy activities are in the areas of expertise of our faculty:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Early Intervention
- Behavioral and Mental Health
- Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Developmental Disabilities
- Health Care Transition
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities
- Special Health Care Needs
Cecily Betz, PhD, RN, Director of Research